Starting from Buckingham Palace on March 13, 2017 the Queen’s Baton Relay (QBR) will travel over 230,000 kilometres, visiting 70 nations and territories
before reaching its destination – the Opening Ceremony at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games on April 4, 2018.
On Friday 30 March the QBR will pass through Redcliffe, Queensland and visit Suttons Beach at the Redcliffe Festival of Sails at 8:54am.
QBR Redcliffe Route
Queen's Baton Relay Redcliffe Baton Bearers
- Colleen McCarthy
- Isla White
- Alicia Coutts
- Michelle Wardle
- Eric Wallwork
- Kayleigh Williams
- Lakeisha 'Lucky' Patterson
See the full QBR Map here https://www.gc2018.com/qbr
Changed Traffic Conditions
Large crowds are expected around the Redcliffe Seaside Village Precinct and Suttons Beach Park, and patrons attending these celebrations are being encouraged
to travel via free shuttle buses operating from the Redcliffe Showgrounds and Kippa-Ring Train Station.
During these celebrations, there will be a number of changes to car park, road and traffic conditions. Motorists should follow the direction of Queensland
Police, traffic control and road signage.
- Redcliffe Parade (Humpybong Esplanade to Anzac Avenue) from 4am to 4pm on Friday 30th March
- Baker Street (Redcliffe Parade to Suttons Beach) from 4am to 4pm on Friday 30th March
- Rolling road closures by Queensland Police from approximately 8am to 9am on Friday 30th March along Irene Street (Oxley Avenue to Humpybong Esplanade),
Humpybong Esplanade (Irene Street to Redcliffe Parade) and Marine Parade (Anzac Avenue to Sydney Street)
Car Park Closures
- Council Administration car park located at Irene Street, Redcliffe from 5pm Thursday 29th March to 12noon Friday 30th March
- Suttons Beach Car Park from 5pm, Thursday 29th March to 7pm Friday 30th March
- Some car parking bays in Settlement Cove Car Park from 5pm, Thursday 29th March to 7pm, Friday 30th March
On Street Parking Restrictions
- 'No Parking' along Marine Parade (from Anzac Avenue to Sydney Street) from 2pm, Thursday 29th March to 10am, Friday 30th March
- 'No Stopping' along one side of Haskins Street, Langdon Avenue, and McCarthy Street and both sides of Dix Street (between Marine Parade and Sutton
Street) from midnight, Thursday 29th March to 4pm, Friday 30th March